Hunt & Associates P.C.

Dec 29, 2010

Special Needs Planning: Gifting to Individuals with Mental or Physical Disabilities

Individuals with mental or physical disabilities oftentimes receive government benefits based on their financial needs.  Most of the time these benefits are insufficient to meet the disabled person’s needs, and relatives and friends want to make gifts to a disabled person or make a bequest to that person in a will or trust to supplement the government benefits that the individual receives.   However, by gifting directly to the disabled person, the friend or relative may … Read more