Running a Business
Legal Advice About Business Operations in Oregon
As a full-service business law firm, Hunt & Associates advises companies about the legal aspects of running a business, both the routine responsibilities and the unexpected problems that can come up in any business. If you need advice about problems ranging from employment law to payroll taxes, security agreements and security interests to leases of equipment and real property. Contact an experienced attorney at our office in downtown Portland.
Our Lawyers Can Act as Your General Counsel or Handle Unique Situations
Small businesses, professional practices and corporations all depend on Hunt & Associates for advice about the matters that need attention from time to time. These can include:
- Real estate transactions, including the review or negotiation of commercial leases
- Accounting issues
- Payroll and withholding taxes
- Personnel practices and policies
- Noncompetition, non-solicitation, nondisclosure and data confidentiality policies
- Severance negotiations
- Workers’ compensation
- Regulatory interpretation, compliance and enforcement problems
- Insurance coverage
- Adequate capitalization
- Licensing agreements
- Contracts with vendors and customers
- Changes in your partnership or shareholder group
- Business litigation and dispute resolution
- Purchase or sale of a business
- Estate and business succession planning
- Family law advice and representation for business owners, employees and their families
One of the rewards of our practice is to see our business clients grow from initial formation to the opening of new locations or the sale of their business at a substantial profit. Our ability to guide a company through the different stages of growth or increasingly complex operations can protect your interests and keep your procedures current as you concentrate on serving your markets.
For reliable advice on issues from customer contract terms to real estate transactions, you can count on our tradition of service to Oregon and Washington businesses since 1962. Whether you’ll be working with us regularly, or you just need advice about a particular problem or opportunity, we can help. Contact Hunt & Associates in Portland for straightforward answers to your legal questions.